Saturday, November 15, 2014

I borrowed him from her...

Just like many singles, I spent my nights praying for my "appointed one"; so needless to say, I was quite pleased when I met him. He wasn't EVERYTHING on my list, but he was enough. He was charming, kind, Christian, funny, and had a heart of gold. I just knew for sure he was mine. I remember just like before getting on my knees nightly praying, but this time around instead of begging God to send my "appointed one", I was thanking Him for doing so.
 
I just knew after meeting him and even talking about marriage, he was the one; which is why I was so shocked when he turned out not to be. Nothing changed. Even after our breakup he was still charming, kind, Christian, funny, and had a heart of gold; but that just wasn't enough anymore. One day we agreed that it was best to part ways; I mean, if you love something enough let it go, and if its truly yours it'll come back, right? Well, he didn't come back, and after many sad and lonely nights, I grew to be thankful that he didn't. You see, he was never mine...I just borrowed him. No, this wasn't some secret affair, or any odd threesome. This was special. He was special. Now, knowing all of this, I figured that I would struggle with returning him to be free, but this time around it was quite simple.
 
 He was never meant to be mine; only a loner. I found the strength to finally find the strength, the acceptance, to thank God for this loner; because he was everything that I needed. He just wasn't mine to have. He was hers. He did his own thing, and I did mine. He dated a few, and so have I. He's engaged, and well...I'm still praying for my "appointed one"; and that's ok. This loner, was something special. You see, he was charming, kind, Christian, funny, and had a heart of gold...only difference is, he wasn't mine to have, he was hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment